Read This Tutorial To Learn How To Install The Dropbox App On MacOS 10.13 High Sierra Or Newer.
In an every increasing inter connected world where most work processes are now paperless in of the utmost importance to ensure that you have all your work backed up and protected in a cloud storage service such as dropbox. Dropbox comes with a cool feature set such as setting up teams so you can share files with work mates, friends and family. As a online file storage, sharing and collaboration platform dropbox also has a live chat feature thats makes it easier to communicate as you collaborate. Learn how to install the dropbox app right on your MacOS device. We’ll also show you how to, backup files and folders automatically, setup teams as well as information on dropbox pricing.
In order to complete this tutorial successfully the following items are required. Please ensure to have these items available before taking implimentation action on this tutorial:
1) A Mac Mini, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, Mac Book Air or iMac
2) MacOS 10.13 High Sierra or a newer version such as MacOS Catalina or Big Sur
3) Internet connection to download the dropbox installation file for MacOS
4) A dropbox account for setting up the dropx app
1) Power on your Mac and login using an administrator account
2) Connect the Mac to an internet connection, open a web browser and go to the dropbox website
3) Scroll all the way down to the footer section of the dropbox website and click on the DESKTOP APP download link
4) Once the dropbx.dmg file is downloaded, install it then go through the dropbox app setup process
5) Learn how to create teams and do live chat in dropbox.
Step One: Download Dropbox
1) Once your Mac has an ethernet or Wi-Fi connection to the internet open up a web browser and to dropbox.com. Scroll down to the footer section of the dropbox website and click on the DESKTOP APP link.
2) The web browser will automatically redirect to the download page for the dropbox installer for MacOS. Click on the blue DOWNLOAD DROPBOX button and on the OPENING DROPBOXINSTALLER.DMG popup click on the SAVE FILE button and click on OK.
Step Two: Install Dropbox.
3) Open the folder where the dropbox installer was downloaded to, right click on it and select OPEN. Proceed by double clicking on the dropbox icon as show in the image on the right.
4) A warning message telling you that dropbox is an app downloaded from the interet will appear. Click on OPEN and you will see a DOWNLOADING DROPBOX popup with a progress bar. Wait for the download process to complete.
5) Once the installation process is complete. Dropbox will open automatically and prompt you to sign in to your dropbox account or to create a new account.
If you already have a dropbox account enter your login credentials and click on SIGN IN
But if not click on the SIGN UP text button to create a new drop box account.
6) On the SIGN UP page type in your email address, your name , your password and click on the I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS checkbox and click on SIGN UP. You may have to check you mail box for a new account verification link from dropbox.
7) Once you’ve reach this page you have successfully installed the dropbox app right on your MacOS device. To start backing up files and folders to dropbox simply open FINDER and go to the dropbox folder. To backup any files and folders, simply copy them into the dropbox folder and the dropbox app will automatically upload them into your dropbox account.
Step Three: Backup Files And Folders Automatically.
8) The dropbox app has a feature that allows you to backup files and folders automatically. It works in such a way that dropbox keeps and exact replica of the folders that you specify in the cloud. If a file or folder is deleted or modified on MacOS the same changes will be applied on the files saved on dropbox.
To setup the automatic file backup functionality, click on the dropbox icon on the menu bar, click on your profile photo / icon and select PREFERENCES.
9) Proceed by clicking on the BACKUPS tabs and click on the SET UP button. Click on the check boxes next to the folders that you would like to automatically backup to dropbox on the BACKUP YOUR MAC window.
10) The dropbox app willneed permission to relaunch FINDER when setting up automatic folder backup. When prompted click on the ALLOW option and click on NEXT.
Once the automatic folder backup process is complete, the dropbox app will run a first time file backup process where all files and folders in the folders that you specified will be backed up to dropbox. This process might take some time as this depends on the perfomance of your internet connection and the amount of data to be backed up.
Step Four: Setting Up Live Chat And Teams!
11) The dropbox live chat and teams features are a great way to collaborate and communicate with workmates, friends and family. You get a centralized platform to keep important documents and you can communicate and work on the same documents, files and folders with more than one person.
To create a dropbox team